- 4 chicken breasts
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 350ml chicken stock
- 2 large shallots (or a small onion), finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml Marsala wine
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. (Cut horizontally almost right through and open flat). Dust the chicken with the flour, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chicken in 1 tbsp of butter for 2 minutes each side until golden brown, then put aside. Fry in batches if necessary.
- Deglaze the pan with a little stock, scraping the tasty brown stuff from the bottom. Fry the shallots in a 1 tbsp of butter for 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms, garlic and Marsala. Scrape the good stuff from the bottom of the pan again, and add the rest of the stock.
- Bring to a simmer, add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced.